Friday, December 30, 2005

The Weight of the World

It is official: I have reached 190 lbs. I'm sure many people out there - weight watchers, calorie counters, & especially daily, scale tippers, you can identify with my weighty declaration.
The mystical 200 lbs. has always been looming out in space, but not a real space as though my handles could stretch to that height. Scientist are now concluding that this feat is now attainable. The ends of the universe are within reach!
I echo this attainment as an almost thirty-something year old who continues to lose hair even as my breaths grow shorter and shorter. Ah, but when kings and heroes look back to the life of John Mark, they will say THIS is his finest hour.
Watch out for the radical transformation of a 190 lb. thirty something to drop weight like hot grease rolling down flabby bacon.
I say this statement with inner thoughts of dropping my six hour TRI time to 4 hours.
I can't help but give a shout out to my brother-in-law, Ivan, who says that blogs give way to much information about a person that he could care less about knowing. I have to admit that I am sucked into the pantheon of "giving much information about self". That's right counselor I have confessed all about self.
Enjoy all of my moments everyone. You have heard my predicament and my target so let us join together in an ever blessed goal. Eat, drink, and be fast for tomorrow we race!
Take a deep breath Ivan, because you are the wind beneath my wings :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

correction: weight on scale mentioned in blog was 199.5 ~~ not 190!