Monday, July 10, 2006

O Happy Day

My sister had a baby boy July 4. His name is Preston Luke. I am officially an uncle now!
Preston was born one month early, but still weighed a whopping 6 lbs. and 11 oz. Karen and I planned to attend a shower Saturday so we were able to see the baby. Preston is still in the Neonatul unit at the hospital, but he has had steady, rapid improvement. The last month of pregnancy really enables the development of a baby's lungs. We give God glory for answering many prayers and giving Preston and Cindy good health!
We went to the hospital Saturday, which was the first time my parents were able to hold the baby. My father was in a rush mood to get to the hospital and hold his first grandbaby. Even as I write those words, I get emotional again because I know the love, the excitement, and the joy that my dad has in this child. Mom was elated in the same way as she held her first grandchild. I am thrilled for Cindy and Ivan and their new boy. Let's continue to pray for Preston's recovery, Cindy's health, and for Cindy and Ivan as parents.

No comments: