Saturday, October 18, 2008

Apple Fest 2008


Cindy and Preston came to Owensboro for a visit today. We enjoyed a great time at Reid's Apple Festival. Despite hating seasonal allergies that I was temporarily liberated from when we lived in Chicago, the Apple Festival was a wonderful event. Cindy and Karen both claim the Apple Fest no only rivals Princeton's Black Patch Festival but is far superior. I am not willing to go that far whatsoever. (Maybe I need to make a call to the general, David Amoss)
Karen and I had enjoyed Reid's orchard already on an earlier visited one Sunday afternoon after church at Pellville Baptist Church. But there was far more at the Orchard than apples. Let me go on the record that I LOVE fair food, which you can see for yourself in some of the pictures. It was all there: funnel cakes, apple cider, BBQ, hot dogs, cheeseburgers, polish sausage, fudge, pie and even deep fried candy bars and oreos. I call myself Templeton after the gluttonous rat in Charlotte's Web. I know, very self-flattering.
Besides the food, it was fabulous watching Preston have such a great time on the rides and with the snake. He had no fear at all touching the snake or handling it. Cindy and Karen thought at one point he was trying to kiss the snake. I know better; he was trying to bite its head off.
The rest of today, I'm going to enjoy some apple cider and pumpkin roll.

No comments: