Friday, April 13, 2007

Isn't she lovely?


Karen and I were watching a movie preview that pulled me in. After the preview for No Vacancy finished, I was onboard to see the movie, but I reassured her that I would be willing to watch it alone knowing her position on horror movies.

Throughout our relationship, I have grown and fall deeper in love with Karen as she always handles herself with such dignity, wisdom, and beauty. Right after I voiced my opinion of the Spring Thriller, Karen said, "I'm not saying you're in this category, but I don't understand how people that love Jesus would want to see things that revolve around horror, torture, and evil."

We just laughed after she said commented, and Karen reassured me I wasn't in that camp.

Little moments like these make me so thankful that Karen is my wife. I love her mind and the clarity of thought she has in only a glimpse of a moment. As I spend more time with her the wisest thing I can often do is keep quiet, and allow Karen to reflect on the situation. Then I can simply agree with her, not to be passive. Rather, I want to see Karen's beauty shine.

God has blessed me with a wife that desires holiness, a desire to walk with God, a desire to see her husband walk closely with God. I am thankful for my wife who is there in kindness with oil for my head when I desire to eat of the world's delicacies (Ps. 141:4-5).

No comments: