Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Knocked Out

Eye of the Tiger could be my life theme song. I've ran the steps in Philadelphia. I own all of the Rocky movies. But Rocky Balboa could be the worst movie ever made!

There were vast scores of "great" movie reviews that pulled me in for the one-two sucker punch, knock out. Rocky Balboa was awful on so many counts it would be futile to name them all. However, just to name a few - disgusting acting, painstaking slow plot, horrible dialogue, and most notably, Sylvester Stallone! Someone please cut him off from plastic surgery and arrest whoever is still selling him HGH/steriods/whatever.

Part of what makes Rocky movies is the training shows his transformation of being and becoming a fighter. He is a fighter, a warrior. Training follows this revolution. At this point, Stallone knows there is nothing to transform; there is nothing to train.

In the ring, Stallone might as well been fighting Barbara Streisand for the world's worst movie award. At this point in the movie, I was on the edge of my seat, thinking, "Please, oh please, let this end!? Soon!"

Rocky Balboa is a great example to end while people love you. Don't burn out slowly. While he did reel in the money, at what cost did it come?

For anyone who thinks this is a good movie, I have nothing to say.

No comments: