Monday, February 04, 2008

Football Season's End

Last night's game concluded my favorite sport's season - football. At the same time, Karen feels no remorse for this season's magnanimous ending. Her excitement for the last game has been hilarious. I've enjoyed Karen's jokes for the past two weeks about the Super Bowl. She aimed her jokes in conversation to Bosworth telling our dog, "we're going to watch the 'Stupid Bowl.'" I laughed everytime she started her routine.

Even so, Karen watched the it with me and cheered throughout the game. However, we were cheering for opposite teams. I cheered for history to happen - the Patriots,19-0, the Perfect Season. She riled against New England and their controversies from Spygate to restraining orders. Moreso, she cheered for the young Manning to emerge as a great quarterback and lead his team to victory.

Football season is officially over, and sports goes into a slight hibernation for me. Karen, on the other hand couldn't care less about the season's end. But there's more excitement for next season. Prior to this season, I loved to simply watch the game. Now I love watching football with my wife. I must say that's been a typical discovery; I love to spend time with Karen (even if that means no football!). I'm thankful God has blessed me with such an amazing woman.

1 comment:

PastorCoop said...

As a Dolphins fan: Praise God those stinkin' Patriots had an imperfect end to a once perfect season!!