Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Praying for the Lost

Listen to Augustine's words about his mother's prayers and his journey to salvation (Book III):

My mother, your faithful servant, was weeping for me to you, weeping more than mothers weep for the bodily deaths of their sons. For she, by that faith and spirit which she had from you, saw the death in which I lay, and you, Lord, heard her prayer. . . . For nearly nine years after this I wallowed in the mud of the pit and in the darkness of falsehood, often trying to rise and then being plunged back again all the more violently. Yet all thsi time that chaste widow, holy and sober (such as you love), though she had now more hope to cheer her, never slackened in her weeping and her lamentations, never ceased in all hours of her prayer to weep to you about me, and her prayers entered into your presence, and yet you still allowed me to roll over and over in that darkness.


We have many friends and family members that do not know our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Let us be diligent in praying for them to know Christ as well as taking every opportunity to share the Gospel with them.

No comments: