Friday, August 12, 2011

Kindness

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
Galatians 5:22

The natural human response to kindness is an attempt to provide some sort of payment. When a person truly acts out of kindness he isn't acting for repayment. Yesterday Phil and Major Markham spent an hour repairing my dryer. We won't get into the details of why the dryer needed repairing. Nonetheless they labored in the stagnant heat of my garage to get our household up and running again. Once they were finished, everything inside of me wanted to give them something as thanks for their hard work, but they didn't work to be paid. They worked out of kindness for my family and me. I'm blessed beyond measure to have such kind brothers to help me. I praise God for them and everyone at Gracepointe. May God continue to be glorified as our church family shows kindness to one another and our community.

No comments: