Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving List

In my Dad's weekly column "Chip off the Old Block" in the Times Leader, he always has a Thanksgiving list. I try to emulate my dad in many, many ways because as my sister concedes he is the world's perfect dad. Thus, what I am thankful for

being married to the most wonderful woman in the world

waking up with my best friend everyday :)

spending time with my wife

snuggling on the couch with my wife

yes, the dog too :)

parents that love me

a dad who traveled everywhere to my wrestling matches

a mother who always prays for me

finishing the ironman

my wife taking care of me after the ironman

my dad running ahead of me during the run of the ironman telling everyone I was coming (WOW! He's awesome)

Cindy's initiative to start new traditions in our family

a sister that reaches out to me

a grandfather that has preached the Gospel & been faithful for life

the last remaining days of vanilla coke (as of '06, Coke is ceasing to make vanilla coke)

my sister that always has the cousins over at holidays

My MSJ jogging pants

friends that travel to support me in the ironman

family that provides money to earn a college & masters degree

My Morning Jacket

a pastor who supports & loves me

the ping pong table at church (even if I've been dethroned)

the picture @ Mitchell's of us wrestling

when my wife leaves me notes in misc. places

meeting with John Mark at Starbucks

the desire for knowledge & the ability to read

a crazy dog that fights with his own feet

godly women like Bea Cundiff who desire so deeply that teenagers will commit their lives to God
a mother that hates dogs but will allow Bozzy into her house

friends that still make fun of my 5-head

being married

Michael & Charlie Frost

when Karen makes her famous peanut butter bars

feasting on Karen's peanut butter bars

living with Karen

being a youth minister

hearing Karen say, "I love you"

hugs & support from Gerald Cannon

hubcaps on the grand am

chipotle sauce from Subway

when friends ask me to officiate their wedding

going to my wife's hometown for Christmas

listening to the preaching of God's Word

which necissitates a thanksgiving for Russ Moore

in-laws (Ivan, you are #1, seriously, I am thankful for you)

a wife that wants to do the half-Ironman in May

nag champa - one of the greatest aromas, even though I'm one of the few that thinks so

a house that is HUGE

playing uno with my wife

having a wife that is a conference champ @ a division 1 school (she really is good @ everything!!!)

Nathan Hardeman who mentors me in the ministry & also opened the door to triathlons

the funniest man on the planet - Chris Mills

an amazing uncle, whom I can't say enough about

my wife's faith & ministry

the love I know because of God

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your story of thankfulness has inspired me...im thankful for not ever meeting you and you being the biggest douche turd ever to walk this planet