Monday, November 21, 2005

What to eat for the holidays?

The new Johnny Cash film has just opened. Although I am not a big fan of biographical movies because of the known rise-to-fame heights & pitfalls that accompanies this genre, I have high expectations for this movie and will watch it.
The reason I bring that up is because of the fun ad I just watched with star Joaquin Phoenix. The commercial featured him shopping with a cart full of fruits & vegetables but when the turkeys were in view the ad turned sad and gloomy. His clutch line was, "Holidays can be murder for turkeys. Let's do this one for the birds."
If that doesn't inspire me, I don't know what will.
The ad was displayed on a Peta email I receive. That's right I receive Peta literature. I enjoy the propaganda combined with the serious plea to treat animals with the same dignity as a person. It is the responsibility of Christians to be a good steward of God's earth. However, the bottom line that stacks Peta's philosophy is that we are all one big family of the same biological pattern but different process.
I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving and Christmas turkey in these next two months, but I hope you don't lose any sleep like the turkeys do over there soon to be demise.

No comments: