Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Karen is my wife!

The longer I live the more I begin to understand how phenomenal my wife is. I wish I could tell you everything that she does in a day, but that would take oh so long and might become a bit laborious for you, the reader. What I do want you to know is just how wonderful my wife is to me.
Monday night after two exillerating games of Laser Tag with the youth, I discovered many messages, voice mails, and missed calls on my phone. I quickly discovered that my wife, Karen, came face to face Jim James. For those of you that don't know, Jim James is the lead singer of My Morning Jacket. This band, in my opinion, plays the greatest music to ever have been created. So much so, that when I listen to other music, in the back of my mind somewhere, I'm thinking, "I could be listening to My Morning Jacket." I encourage you to sample My Morning Jacket.
After she aced (literally) a test at Spalding, Karen decided to get a bite to eat at City Cafe, or as I like to think of it, she was drawn to City Cafe for THE MEETING. Karen didn't take in all of her meal. She was too concentrated on internal questioning - "Is it him? I don't know? Why is no one else staring or talking to him? It's got to be him. Yes! Yes, it is Jim James! John Mark will kill me if I don't talk to him." She picked up one of the Leo magazines from the rack then proceeded to the cash register for a pen. Upon asking to borrow a pen, she learned they only had one - THEY ONLY HAD ONE!!! She promised to be quick.
At the right time, Karen made her move. She introduced herself and apologized for staring only to learn that they too had been staring at her wondering if her shirt was vintage. Karen was wooed by the Rock-n-Roll superstar persona unable to speak normally. Nonetheless, Karen let me know Jim James was very nice and naturally cool . . . because he's a rockstar. She continued to have a short conversation with Jim James and GOT HIS AUTOGRAGH FOR ME!!!
My reaction to all of this?
Naturally, I would have liked to meet him. I'm not upset I missed it; I know my day is coming. The most exciting part of Monday night's events were my wife's desires for me. She was exuberated to give me such a gift. Her entire motive in the meeting was to give me joy - what I wanted. I can't explain to you how satisfied I felt in her that night as she explained to me play-by-play everything that went down. She did give me a truly, wonderful gift - herself. Karen continues to show me how in love with me she is by demonstrate her love for me. I have an awesome wife who plans her life around me, changes her plans for me, and loves me even more everyday.

No comments: